Sweepstakes Official Rules
HAIR CUTTERY® BEAUTIFUL YOU MAKEOVER
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
No Purchase Necessary
- Sweepstakes Period: The Hair Cuttery® Beautiful You Makeover Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 10:00:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 27, 2018, and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on April 9, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Ratner Companies, L.C. (“Sponsor”). Administrated by TBC, Inc. (“Administrator”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, IN, MA, MD, NC, NH, NJ, PA, RI, VA, WI or WV who are at least eighteen (18) years old, as of the date of entry. Employees and their families of Sponsor, Administrator, Creative Hairdressers, Inc., their affiliates, members, subsidiaries, related entities, advertising and sweepstakes agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is void outside CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, IN, MA, MD, NC, NH, NJ, PA, RI, VA, WI, WV and where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period you can enter by visiting a participating Hair Cuttery salon during the Sweepstakes Period (during operating salon hours) and provide your email address and phone number to a Hair Cuttery stylist in order to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) Entry per person/email address throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): Four (4) prize levels are available:
- a) Grand Prize (1): A $500 shopping spree at one of the following retailers: Macy’s, Target or Nordstrom (awarded as a $500 gift card to the retailer that the winner chooses), a $250 Hair Cuttery gift card and a prize pack, consisting of Sponsor specified hair care products (collectively “Grand Prize”). The ARV of the Grand Prize is: $1,000.
- b) First Prizes (4): A $300 shopping spree at one of the following retailers: Macy’s, Target or Nordstrom (awarded as a $300 gift card to the retailer that the winner chooses), a $100 Hair Cuttery gift card and a prize pack, consisting of Sponsor specified hair care products (collectively “First Prize”). The ARV of each First Prize is: $500.
- c) Second Prizes (5): A $200 shopping spree at one of the following retailers: Macy’s, Target or Nordstrom (awarded as a $200 gift card to the retailer that the winner chooses), a $100 Hair Cuttery gift card and a prize pack, consisting of Sponsor specified hair care products (collectively “Second Prize”). The ARV of each Second Prize is: $400.
- d) Third Prizes (100): A $10 Hair Cuttery gift card. The ARV of each Third Prize is: $10.
- Certain restrictions and an expiration date may apply to the gift cards. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion of the prize) is unavailable. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift cards must be used in compliance with, and are subject to, their stated terms and conditions. Sponsor is not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with gift cards. All costs and expenses associated with a prize that are not stated as included herein are solely the responsibility of each winner, including but not limited to all federal, state and local taxes. If any winner lives more than 30 miles from a Hair Cuttery®, he/she will receive a Sponsor-selected gift card in lieu of the Hair Cuttery® gift card, with the exception of Third Prize winners. Limit one prize per person/household.
- Random Drawing/Winner Notification: Winners will be selected in a witnessed random drawing from among all eligible Entries received, subject to verification. Drawing will be conducted on or about April 11, 2018, by an independent judging organization. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received. The Grand Prize winner will be notified via email at the email address provided during entry and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) within three (3) days of notification attempt or status of potential winner will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. First and Second Prize winners will be notified via email at the email address provided during entry and will be required to reply with his/her name, mailing address (no P.O. boxes), phone number, date of birth and gift card selection within three (3) days of being notified. Failure to respond within three (3) days could result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Third Prize winners will be sent their prize via email to the address provided during entry. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. The Grand Prize winner will be issued a form 1099 for tax purposes in the amount of the actual retail value of the prize and must submit his/her social security number, as required by law.
- General Rules: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities to use each winner’s name, likeness and Entry for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the sole decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities, including but not limited to Creative Hairdressers, Inc., and their respective employees, officers, directors and shareholders from any claims, actions, injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any damage to entrant's computer in connection with accessing or downloading any information from Sponsor's and/or the Sweepstakes Entities web site/page. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted, and award the prizes from among eligible Entries received prior to cancellation.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Fairfax County, Virginia. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- Winners List: For the Grand, First and Second Prize Winners’ names, available after May 1, 2018, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by May 31, 2018 to: The Hair Cuttery® Beautiful You Makeover Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. AM), Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Ratner Companies, L.C., 1577 Spring Hill Road, Ste. 500, Vienna, VA 22182. Macy’s, Target and Nordstrom are not sponsors of this sweepstakes nor do they endorse the sweepstakes.