Last modified 8/29/2018
Ratner Companies, L.C. (“Company,” “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us or to our affiliates when you use the “Digital Platforms” (as defined below) owned by us as well as those associated with the brands we manage which include: Hair Cuttery, Bubbles Salons and Salon Cielo (collectively “Our Brands”). This policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Digital Platforms include the following:
- Our websites and those owned or operated by Our Brands.
- Mobile and desktop applications offered by us or Our Brands.
- Email and text messaging services between us or Our Brands and you.
- Our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, including our social media properties.
- Information at collection points at retail stores operated by Our Brands (e.g. information you disclose face to face or through a kiosk to schedule a service at a Hair Cuttery salon, information you supply to access our wireless internet).
- This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party other than Our Brands.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Digital Platforms are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Digital Platforms. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to us on or through any of our Digital Platforms, make any purchases through the Digital Platforms, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Digital Platforms or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via the methods set forth in the contact information section below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Digital Platforms, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your personal preferences for salon services or products, your age, gender, interests or your location when you access and use certain Digital Platforms (when you enable those features on your device) and information about the websites you visit; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Digital Platforms and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, service providers and social media platform operators.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Digital Platforms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Digital Platforms, subscribing to our services or social media platforms, entering into promotions/sweepstakes/contests/rewards programs, posting material on our Digital Platforms, providing us with feedback, obtaining products or services from Our Brands retail outlets. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Digital Platforms.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Digital Platforms and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Digital Platforms.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Digital Platforms, or transmitted to other users of the Digital Platforms or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Digital Platforms with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Digital Platforms, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Digital Platforms, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Digital Platforms.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, geolocation, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time but we do not collect information across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Digital Platforms and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Digital Platforms according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Digital Platforms.
- Recommend retail locations that are near your location (if you have permitted us to collect information about your location).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Digital Platforms may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Digital Platforms. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Digital Platforms may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Digital Platforms and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Digital Platforms or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Digital Platforms.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you and serve advertisements to you about our own (and Our Brands’) goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see below about how you can opt out of receiving certain communications from us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated and anonymized information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business so that they can provide services to us and Our Brands.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our or Our Brands assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us or Our Brands about our Digital Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our or Our Brands rights, property, or the safety our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to receive email or text communications from us or Our Brands you can opt out of receiving those communications by following the “unsubscribe” links provided in messages you receive. If no such links are provided you can opt out of receiving further messages by contacting us at via the methods provided in the contact information section below.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You have the right to access personal information about you that we have collected through the Digital Platforms by sending a request using the contact information in the section below. You can also request that we correct any such information in the same manner. To verify that the request is authentic, we may require that such request be sent from the email address associated with your personal information. While we will comply reasonably and promptly with your request, we may need to retain some of your information for our own recordkeeping or to fulfill a legal obligation. If you delete, or ask us to delete, certain information, you may not be able to continue to access certain portions of the Digital Platforms without entering additional information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Digital Platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Digital Platforms like message boards or blogs. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Digital Platforms.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Digital Platforms. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Digital Platforms.
Ratner Companies, L.C.
1577 Spring Hill Road, Suite 500
Vienna, Virginia 22182
Attn: Legal - Privacy
In addition, you can call the Client Service line at 1-866-25-STYLE (1-866-257-8953) or contact us using the “Contact Us” methods available on our Digital Properties.